Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find information about visas, insurance and etc.?

Show answer

Avans Website Studying in the Netherlands provides information about these matters. 

Do I need a visa to study in the Netherlands?

Show answer

If you are a citizen of a country outside the European Union and you want to reside in the Netherlands for a period exceeding three months, you must obtain a visa and/or residence permit prior to your departure to the Netherlands. Click here for more info. 

When in doubt, please contact the International Office.

Where can I ask specific questions about the Master's programmes?

Show answer

If there are any specific questions about the Master's programmes that you can't find answered on the website, please send us an email.

How can I find accommodation?

Show answer

The Avans Accommodation page  provides information on how to find accommodation in 's-Hertogenbosch. Finding accommodation in the Netherlands can take a significant amount of time (on average, at least a month), so we strongly recommend that you start your search as soon as you have been accepted into the programme. The International Office functions merely as a mediator in your search for housing. There's no guarantee for finding you an accommodation. It is your own responsibility to arrange you accommodation during your stay. 

What are the language criteria for the Master's programmes?

Show answer

English Language Criteria:
In our Master program the instruction languages are Dutch and English because of the many international students. We expect you to understand, speak and write in English fluently. We do not offer any English courses. (IETS 6.0 is the Avans University standard. The conditions for Toefl are as mentioned on our website):
Find more info here
After you have completed the admission process and when you are admitted, we will ask you for your English test results.